Stray off the beaten path to Santo Cristo, a privately situated retreat in Cove Beach where old-growth forest meets the Pacific Ocean. A custom northwest design creates a space that's stunning to look at, and expansive windows frame breathtaking ocean views—spy whales migrating off-shore or witness a powerful storm rolling in as massive waves collide into Gull Rock.
From the natural wood accents to the contemporary furnishings, this home is elementally inspired by its coastal setting. Spread out between four spacious sitting areas each with abundant natural light, marvel at the wildlife, including elk and bald eagles that frequent the area, and end the day watching the sun set from your own private paradise.
CONTEMPORARY NORTHWEST LIVING:
Thoughtfully renovated with large groups in mind, this house offers the perfect balance of at-home comfort and high-end flair.
- 4,800 sq. ft. of contemporary and stylish living space situated on sprawling one acre grounds
- Vaulted ceilings and walls of windows bring the beauty of the Oregon Coast inside
- Four stunning skywalls make for perfect evening stargazing
- Chef-worthy kitchen is perfect for entertaining and includes double Thermador ovens (one with convection settings), Dacor Heritage Collection 6-burner gas rangetop with simmersear burners, and large island with prep sink
- Dining table for twelve with three more seats at the kitchen island
- Airy loft with sitting area, 41" flat-screen TV, and office space
- Ocean-view walkout basement with 66" flat screen TV and sectional couch with room for 7-10 viewers, plus Ping-Pong and shuffleboard
- Huge landscaped yard with space to wander and explore
- Multi-level deck for leisurely al fresco dining and lounging in the salt air
FIVE SPACIOUS BEDROOMS PLUS THE LOFT:
Two master suites steal the show and provide the ultimate in comfort and privacy, while the remaining three bedrooms and loft offer private accommodations for the whole group. With four-and-a-half bathrooms, nobody will have to wait in line in the mornings or at bedtime.
- Ultra-private master suite with king-size bed, lush forest views, and en-suite bathroom with shower/tub combination
-Second ocean-view master suite has French door access to the yard and features a luxurious en-suite bathroom with walk-in rainfall shower, a soaking tub, and double sink vanity
-Third main-floor bedroom featuring a queen-size bed
-Two downstairs bedrooms, each with queen bed and access to a two-story sunroom with breathtaking skywall and ocean view, plus a shared bathroom with shower/tub combination and double sink vanity
-Queen sleeper sofa in the loft, with adjacent full bath with shower/tub combination
-Main floor powder room
ALL THE EXTRAS:
Multi-zone radiant floor heat throughout the home
Two cable-equipped TVs
Two twin EZ beds plus bedding
Landline telephone (please note that cell service at this location is limited)
Two laundry facilities
Ample onsite parking
Pet-friendly (up to two dogs with permission)
Gas fireplace (not operational at this time)
UNSPOILED BEAUTY AT COVE BEACH:
At Cove Beach, Mother Nature is left to do her bidding. Just a 10-minute walk from the house, you'll find the gently-sloped path to a secluded wonderland. The beach may be rocky at high tide, but low tide reveals sandy stretches and abundant tide pools to explore.
You'll feel as if you're a world away, but in fact, you're just a 10 minute drive from some of the coast's most charming downtowns, including Cannon Beach and Manzanita, each beloved for their dining, galleries, and distinct small town spirits.
Outdoor adventurers will feel right at home at this stretch of Oregon's coast. Just two miles south, Oswald West State Park offers miles of hiking trails that meander through old-growth forests. A half mile walk from the parking lot will lead you to the spectacular Short Sands Beach, a surfer's haven. Another beautiful site is Nehalem Bay, a favorite for stand up paddle boarding and kayaking, as well as crabbing and fishing.